Monday, August 25, 2014

Homebound

Hello all!

The last few weeks have been a whirlwind to put it lightly. Although busy, they've been full of fun, family and frolic (yea I know, good alliteration, AMIRIGHT?)

While I've been working at the Bed & Breakfast, I've also had 2 trips to Italy, some Dublin fun as well as a trip back to States for a family reunion. I got to see a lot of family (even some new faces!), have some of my favorite foods (I'm lookin' at you Rocky's and Briar's), drive my jeep, cuddle my puppy and reunite with some of my friends. It was a great trip home!

My baby Winnie

The reunion was awesome! There was over 100 Shields' there and the day was absolutely gorgeous. There was delicious food, cold drinks, tons of games and catching up. I met so many new family members I didn't even know existed as well as reconnected with some I haven't seen in years. We even got a large family game of flip cup going towards the end. Nothing brings family together like a good ol' fashioned drinking game.

Reunited with my Matty

Myself, Laura and Ryan

Courtney, Rachel and myself

From clockwise--Matt, Courtney, Laura, myself and Rachel


A very competitive game of flipcup (Descendants of Charlie v. Joe/Mickey)



We ended the night at my Uncle Cal's house with a big game of Cards Against Humanity. I have been wanting to play for so long and I couldn't think of a better group to play with than my cousins. For those who haven't heard of it, it is just a very politically incorrect version of Apples to Apples for adults haha.

The best part about my trip home was that my cousin Courtney joined me on my journey back to Ireland! I couldn't be more excited to be living with her and having her with me for the next part of this adventure. We've talked about living together (specifically abroad) for years and it's actually like all our dreams are coming true *cue the group awwwwww.*

The lovely Tourt Wagon


Over here in Dublin, Eddie and I got the chance to head out to Dun Laoghaire for a beautiful day along the water a few weeks ago. Kids were jumping into the sea and tons of people were playing music and singing. It is very much a beach town and it's just a little bit outside the city via the DART. We walked along the pier and had some very tasty ice cream. It was an asbolutely wonderful day :)






Yesterday, one of Courtney's roommates from her time at UL, Sarah, came for a visit. Her birthday was today so we went out last night to celebrate! Although it was Sunday, you can always count on Dicey's for a wonderful time and for cheap drinks. We came across quite a few characters, but that's part of the charm of the place. It was a great night all in all and Sarah definitely had a great birthday!


Courtney, Sarah and myself pre-birthday


Dublin, Ireland is really finding itself a permanent place in my heart. Living abroad is one of the coolest experiences someone can have and I am so lucky that not only have I gotten to do it twice, but I get to do it with people near and dear to my heart.

Until next time, my loves--
Paige xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blast from the Past