Monday, January 19, 2015

2014, A Year to Remember

Talk about 2014 being the year of surprises-- From deciding to go to Ireland to my birthday surprise from Julianne and Meg, I thought that was the end of the surprise train for me. Once again, I was wrong.

Although I was headed home for the holidays, I got a chance to enjoy some of the Christmas spirit here in Dublin. Everyone was just in a wonderful mood, town was always buzzing and the lights were beautiful. It really got me excited for the upcoming holiday season! We even got a chance to see an Irish band called Keywest that we're basically obsessed with at The Grand Social. It was a great venue and a fantastic time.

 

                   





Over Christmas, I got to spend a lot of time with family, which everyone knows is incredibly important to me. Every year, I spend Christmas and New Years with various members of extended family. Christmas in South Carolina with my Mom's side of the family and New Years in New York with my dad's side.


I was so looking forward to a trip home because the holiday season in New York is really nothing short of magical. After a wonderful fun filled Christmas in the South with my entire extended family, we headed back up North. I had the rest of my time home planned trying to see everyone I possibly could since I would only be home for a few more days.



 

Here comes the kicker. While I thought I had everything organized, my parents and Eddie had an entirely different plan for my last few days stateside. To my surprise, there was a knock on the door as we were getting ready to go out to dinner and who walks in my front door, but Mr. Eddie Delahunt. Words cannot even begin to explain how delighted, excited and shocked I was, especially after 2 long days of traveling! There was screaming, tears and even a bit of profanity (sorry, folks - no filter for surprises of this magnitude!)


Having Eddie in New York, made my trip home even better. I got to show him where I come from, he got to meet my family and most of my friends. We headed into the city twice during his trip and got to head out to Hoboken to see Julianne and Sean, grab dinner and drinks with Emily and my parents and get to see the sights like the 9/11 Memorial, Times Square and the like. We headed all over to try and cram in as much as we could. We even got a night out with my friends and I got to mix my home friends with some college friends so Eddie got to meet people from both of my worlds.




We even got a trip to Hot Bagels in Somers as well as Rocky's and the diner squeezed in, which in my opinion, is almost as important as people we had to see ;) (just kidding, guys.....)

New Years was fantastic. My lovely Aunt Tiny and cousin Christian set up the garage to look like our very own Times Square in honor of the Irishman being in New York for New Years. There was laughter, tears, fireworks and tons of delicious food and champagne. I couldn't have asked for a better example to show Eddie why I love New Years (and my family) so much.

  








 2014 has been one hell of a year for me. While I could try and think of a few negative things that happened this year to balance the downs with the ups, I really would be struggling. This year has given me love, laughter, excitement, surprise, adventure and so much more. I could not possibly be more grateful for the people in my life. My heart is so full and as corny as it all sounds, I really am so excited to have such an eventful year in the books. Here's to 2015 and even more adventure, growth and wanderlust for myself as well as for the lives of those I love endlessly.

Wishing everyone a very Happy 2015!
Love,
Paige xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blast from the Past