Thursday, January 8, 2015

Parental Lovin

Hi all!

Sorry it's been so long since my last post! But have no fear, I am back!

Let's rewind a bit because I know it's been a while. Thanksgiving-- One of those American holidays, you know, you know. While Court and I both had to work, we decided that instead of making a gigantic meal to pig out on, we decided to head to our favorite restaurant here in Ranelagh and pig out on that instead in honor of the Pilgrims and Native Americans!

We stuffed our faces with Mak and enjoyed every last bite and every sip of wine. It was exactly what we needed after a long day and to celebrate the holidays from our lovely birth country.

We anxiously awaited the arrival of my parents the day after! They left on Thanksgiving and arrived in the good ol' land of green Friday around mid morning. After locking myself out of the apartment in pajamas and grabbing keys from Corna, it was finally time to meet up with them at their hotel for some food and drinks. We got the chance to have a few cocktails with a dear friend of my dad's, Finbarr. He is a wonderful Irish man who I had heard stories about since I was younger, but finally got the chance to meet. We had a wonderful time.

For dinner, we headed over to Temple Bar to soak in some Irish music, food and some Guinness at the Old Storehouse. We ended up getting to hear a fantastic band doing covers of everyone's favorite songs. We loved it and to top it off, the food was delicious. It was a perfect first night in Dublin.




The next day, I took my parents on the City Bus tour that takes you all over Dublin City. It's a really great overview of the history and sites that you can see here. I really recommend it to anyone traveling over here because it's hop-on, hop-off as well, so you can get off at any of the landmarks and get back on when you're done. We stayed on for the ride since we didn't have a bunch of time. It was a bit chilly, but still loads of fun!




We then headed back to the hotel to meet up with Miss Corna as well as get ready for the big meeting! My parents and Eddie were meeting for the first time. We headed down to the bar and anxiously awaited his arrival. That night we hit almost all of our favorite pubs- PYG, The Dawson Lounge, Bruxelles and O'Neills. We grabbed dinner at a delicious Italian restaurant right outside Temple Bar and then went back out on the sesh!

It's safe to say they hit it off, as I think my parents like Eddie more than me and I think Eddie is now only hanging out with me to get closer to my parents (just kidding... except not really.) We had an awesome night and then all of us headed back to the hotel and had a giant slumber party, matching PJs and all.


The next day, we took my parents to see our apartment as well as to one of our favorite brunch spots, Dillinger's. It was delicious as always. It was nice to finally be able to show them some of our favorite places.

Next stop on the list was the Christmas Market. While the Dublin Christmas Market is adorable and convenient, once again, it is one of the weirdest markets I've ever been to. We enjoyed it, but let's just say we didn't buy anything.



We took a quick nap and then headed to Sophie's which is the rooftop bar and restaurant at the hotel that Courtney works at. The place is not only AWESOME, but absolutely delicious. You get a great view of Dublin, and it's not really all that expensive for the experience you get. It was perfection. We even got a tour by Court's boss of the penthouse and other areas of the new hotel. I almost wish I didn't live in Dublin so I could have an excuse to stay there!



My parents left the next morning and it was just such a wonderful time. I got to sleep in in the big giant hotel bed which was certainly a plus. Their trip to Ireland came at exactly the right time and we got to do so much in just a few short days! It's always lovely to get a taste of home when you're so far, and even better when it's from people you love so very much.

That's all for now! Stay tuned for once again, ANOTHER killer surprise from people that love me.

Sending lots of love back to the good ol' U. S of A,
Paige xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blast from the Past