Friday, March 27, 2015

Here and there

Hi All,

I know it's been a while, and I'm sorry, but I've just been trying to soak up every last moment of my time over here!

Although I love living in a city, I love scenery and the outdoors just as much. It's important to me that you are never too far from some absolutely beautiful natural sites. Lucky for me, Ireland is full of them and all of them are within just a short ride!

Over the last couple of weeks, Eddie and I have been taking advantage of the beautiful weather and days off. Our first journey was out to Powerscourt. It's not too far outside Dublin and is located in County Wicklow. It's known for it's beautiful gardens and waterfall.

 We decided to take a mini road trip that turned into an all day affair. With only a couple minor navigation arguments, we made it! The views were breathtaking and the laughs were even better. Never a dull moment when adventuring with my partner in crime! We even managed to get the student price for the waterfall (without ID!) A minor victory for all my post grads out there!

                 

 


We decided to skip paying for the gardens and ended up having a little snack and coffee overlooking them. I don't know about you, but I'll take the best slice of carrot cake and a latte with a view any day over an admission fee haha.




 




This past weekend, we managed to finally make it out to Bray, also located in Wicklow. This time we decided to take the DART train because the tracks go along the coast and that view alone makes the whole trip. It's a cute little town just past Dun Laoghaire, on the coast. There's a promenade, fantastic views, restaurants, bars and even ice cream stands. The weather could not have been more perfect. 

View from the train
 

 



 

  

My main squeeze
  We headed into The Harbour Bar, which is rumoured to have been voted the best pub in the world. We grabbed a pint and realised we were just in time to catch the Ireland v Scotland Rugby Match. We settled in and watched Ireland claim the 6 Nations Title for the second year in a row surrounded by some awesome fans. We could not have asked for a better end to one of the happiest days. 

While I love traveling all over Europe, I also love having the ability to see such gorgeous places here in Ireland itself. For anyone on the fence about traveling to Ireland, let me tell you, there is no way you could ever regret it. I love Dublin, but it's some of the awesome spots just outside it, that make it an even more fabulous place to call home even if it is just for a year!




Until Next Time,
Paige xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blast from the Past