Friday, March 27, 2015

Paddy's Day The Irish Way

Greetings!

I was so incredibly excited to be in Ireland for St. Patrick's Day. My friends and I have been celebrating every year in New York City every year since I can remember. It was even better when I found out that St. Paddy's is a National holiday in Ireland so everyone has off! I requested off for the occasion so I could join in on all the fun!

 

Because everyone has off on the Tuesday, Monday is the huge night out! Town was packed! We had been out at Eddie's getting ready and grabbed some taxis into town. There were people EVERYWHERE and lines way out the door as well!

We went out with some of Eddie's friends and everyone decided on a place called Play which we had been to multiple times before. It never disappoints and certainly didn't on Paddy's Eve either. We had so much fun!

                         

           



Waking up on actual St. Patrick's Day was a little rough, as to be expected, but we fought through it. We picked up some cans of Guinness, and watched the parade on live stream while we got ready! We decked ourselves out in face paint and green (obviously) and headed into town.



                                

                 

                        



               

We were a little late and some people were even leaving town by the time we headed in, but the place was still packed!! Eddie's friend Que came in to join the fun as well so the four of us made our own mini bar crawl. All the bars and pubs were crowded, but we managed to find a spot in all of the ones we went into.

             

There was Irish music playing everywhere and we had tons of laughs. It was a wonderful St. Paddy's and I was delighted to be able to spend it in Dublin! My first official irish St. Patrick's Day, but certainly not my last!

Lots of love,
Paige xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blast from the Past