Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Autumn

I don't know how many people remember a ride from the early 2000s in Disney World, but Mr. Toad's Wild Ride used to be one of my favorites. You basically got strapped into a car and then you were guided up and down hills, whipped around bends and were thrown all over the place. It was great because it gave me a thrill without being flipped upside down like some of the other rides.

WELL MY FRIENDS, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride may have closed in Disney World, but it is alive and well in the form of Bus Eireann from Dublin to Donegal. SPOILER ALERT: not nearly as fun as when I was 8.

Aside from the high speed bus whipping about the Irish countryside, I recently took a solo trip to Donegal for training in one of the programs for work. 

As many of you know, I work at a Bed & Breakfast in Dublin City Centre. They use a fairly complex revenue managing program to keep all the online travel agents, pricing and availability organized. That being said, it was my very first business trip of sorts! 

After a few mishaps with my bank and lunch with the lovely Courtney, I headed off to Donegal. The crazy trip only took a little over 3 hours (granted it was supposed to take about 4 hours so that's a plus.) 

I got to the Bed & Breakfast, grabbed some food in a pub and then got right to training. We worked for a few hours just going into further detail of things I already knew as well as some new tricks as well.




The next morning, I was up bright and early to continue my training (6:45 am.) I had a quick bite to eat and a cup of coffee-THANK GOD. I learned some more and now I'm an ol' pro-- Ok, maybe not a pro, but I've got a fairly good handle on it and can't wait to try it all out for real.

I grabbed a cappuccino in a cute little coffee house as well as a "New York Bagel" with cream cheese. While many places claim to have New York Bagels, I would like to go on the record, that normally they're just a joke, but I gotta say, this bagel came pretty close minus the HEAPING amount of cream cheese that normally tops it so I was a happy camper.













                                               

I boarded the bus and headed back to good ol' Dublin on one more twisty turny Bus Eireann ride. 

We recently also got a chance to visit "Whelan's" in town. For those of you who have seen the movie, it's the "P.S I Love You" bar. 

We had been meaning to try it out for a while and finally got the chance. Although there was a cover charge, it's totally worth it because the place is SAH-WEET. It's also a very famous music venue in Dublin and I'd love to get the chance to see a gig there. We'll be keepin' our eyes out f'sho.


 

It's getting hard to imagine that in about 7 months I won't get to see my darlin' Tourt everyday and we won't get to live together. I just try not to think about it because it is too wonderful to dwell on the negative. LIFE IS GOOD, MY PEEPS.

In the next couple of weeks, Juice is coming to visit, Halloween festivities will be picking up and the lovely scarf weather will be here! I've been pinning some fall recipes to hopefully try out soon to continue the fall vibes over here in the Emerald Isle.

Always something exciting just around the corner and I couldn't be happier.

Missing everyone as always.

Until next time,

Paige x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blast from the Past