Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Ladies love Brunch

Hi all!

This past weekend, Corna and I decided to lay low. It was the end of her first full week of work (yay she's employed at UNICEF Ireland!) We grabbed some drinks in Ranelagh at McSorley's with the locals, but other than that, Friday and Saturday consisted of a lot of Netflix, takeaway and M&Ms. It was just what we needed.
Here's a pic from a few weeks ago when we weren't lounging on the couch.

Sunday morning we woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed and decided to try out brunch at a neighborhood reataurant, "Dillingers." The place was packed so we grabbed the last two seats at the counter. Courtney and I both opted for pancakes, although she made the better choice with berries and fresh cream, both variations were delicious. Because it was brunch, we decided to try out some brunch cocktails- I ordered the Dillinger's Bellini (topped with a raspberry) and Court decided on the classic brunch beverage- a mimosa. The place is so hipster and awesome. It has a diner feel, but the food is practically gourmet. Definitely a new hot spot. It's one of the many, many reasons that I love living in Ranelagh.

             

After brunch, we headed into town to do a little shopping. Courtney needed some new work clothes, while I continued my hunt for a hunter green scarf and a wide brimmed hat. To continue our streak of a wonderful day, we got everything we needed and more. The weather was beautiful so all of the street artists and buskers were out. It was wonderful.



We ended our day in town by stopping at Butler's Chocolate for some coffee. Not only is their coffee delicious, you get a free piece of their decadent chocolate with every coffee purchase. If that doesn't sell you on how great the place is, then I just don't even know what kind of human you are. There's a number of locations, but the one we chose was packed! We found a table for 2 nestled in amongst the crowd and squeezed in with all of our shopping bags to enjoy our chocolate, coffee and treats (SUGAR OVERLOAD, WE KNOW.)

                

It was a lovely and relaxing fall weekend. it's sweater and scarf weather finally and I just hope that it lasts a little bit longer before all the rain starts! Fingers crossed.

I cannot WAIT for this Friday, because the one and only Juice is coming to visit! While I've been here almost 6 months already, a little taste of home comes at the perfect time. I can't wait to show her Dublin and why I'm so in love with Ireland. We'll be taking her to all of our local haunts and I just cannot wait to see her! I'm counting the hours until her arrival.

Lots of love, hugs and fall thoughts heading your way,
Paige xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blast from the Past