Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Juicey Adventures

Greetings all!

This past week, I had a very special visitor. My BFF/ partner in crime/ ex roomie, Giuseppina came to visit me in the good ol' Emerald Isle! I had been awaiting her visit since before I even left for Ireland because she started planning it the moment I told her I was moving here. She visited me while I was studying abroad in London and because of how fun-filled that trip was, I knew we were in for some awesome memories.

She arrived early Friday morning. After settling in a bit, we headed out to a few pubs for some food and a couple pints. I took her to Cafe en Seine for some wings and then the Dawson Lounge (smallest pub in Dublin) for a pint. We were there right before the after work rush, so we got seats which was perfect. We bonded with a few New Yorkers who were visiting (and even gave directions, I know, I'm officially a local, how exciting) and then headed home to grab some takeaway and gelato from Gino's.



Saturday, we ran some errands and hung out around the apartment for bit before heading out that night to celebrate Eddie's graduation! We went to a pub called Brogan's right outside Temple Bar and met up with his family and had a wonderful time celebrating Eddie the Engineer :). After Brogan's, we jumped into a few more pubs to check them out and had a quick stop at Copper's before ending the night. All of these activities obviously led to a Sunday full of brunch, lounging and naps.



Monday, Juicey and I took a journey to the Jameson Distillery. I have been to the Guinness brewery 3 too many times (I have been 3 times) so I was excited to finally make my way to taste some Jameson and learn the family's story. It really is so much better than the Guinness Factory. The tour guide was funny and kept our attention and the way the tour is set up, it's informative, but just long enough that you're not bored at any point. We even got chosen for the whiskey tasting! The 3 that they give you to try are Jack Daniel's, Johnny Walker and Jameson, and although I've enjoyed all three before, tasting them all at the same time proves that Jameson really is the best. We had a delicious dinner at GBK (Gourmet Burger Kitchen, a favorite chain while in London) and headed home.

 

 



Tuesday and Wednesday I had to work so Juicey was left to fend for herself, but we managed to squeeze in some delicious dinners at Mak (our neighborhood fave) and at home while planning a trip to Galway. While originally we were going to take the train, we decided to rent a car and make a road trip out of it. For those playing along at home, Juice and I have had some pretty spectacular ideas, but this was by far our best yet. We had such a wonderful time getting lost, exploring small towns and snapping pics while jamming out in our cute little rental car.

We got to see Bog Road out in Connemara, The Burren, The Cliffs of Moher, visit the cottage my family stayed at over 40 years ago in Ballyvaughan, a night out in Galway (with an 8 person hostel room all to ourselves), check out a farmer's market in a town square (with delicious crepes and bagels *still drooling*) and even grab some gifts at a little craft fair topped with some tea and treats. It was just perfection from start to finish. Although I had already thought Ireland was beautiful, exploring the countryside in the sunshine, the sun showers and even a number of rainbows proved to me why this place is nothing short of magical.






 




 



 


 


 


Saturday we had a night out with a bunch of Eddie's friends and tried out a new place called Lafayette which is just along the Liffey. I pass it everyday on my way to work, but had never been. Aside from a jerk of a bartender, we had a great time and it was a wonderful farewell to Juicey (the stamps on our hand for the place even said Juicey, talk about appropriate.)

 


It was a wonderful week and a taste of home is exactly what I needed (SHE BROUGHT ME MAC N CHEESE.) The memories we made during her trip will certainly be some of my favorites during my year abroad. I love ya, Juicey and thanks for trekkin over 3,000 miles just to come love me!!

Sunday was another night out and full of Halloween fun since Monday was a bank holiday here in Ireland. We all got dressed up and headed to a place near Eddie where there was a local band playing and everyone got to show off their best costumes- some better than others (Court and I suck.) It was a another great night.


  





  
Now life is slipping back into normalcy, as I head back to work and get back into a routine (let's all pray that involves the gym.) Also, I am currently obsessed with Taylor Swift's new album, which anyone who knows me knows that is completely uncharacteristic of me so I mean, I guess it's not complete normalcy haha but I have absolutely no regrets.

 It's starting to get a bit colder, but there are still a number of sunny days that are the absolute perfect fall weather that I love so much. Now all I need is some pumpkin pie and apple cider donuts!

Sending my love back home,
Paige xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blast from the Past